August 8, 2012 -- In response to parent and student requests for a simplified dress code, the Elyria City School District offers the following guidelines which include minor revisions to the current dress code. The new dress code is effective with the 2012-2013 school year.
2012-2013 Dress Code (Grades 6 through 12)
• Round- or v-neck plain or patterned shirts (no words or graphics) or collared shirts
• Docker-like pants or dress pants (pants must be worn on the hips and if they have belt loops, belts must be worn)
• Shorts, skirts or dresses finger-tip length or longer (as an example: no pencil skirts)
• Official Elyria Schools-sanctioned spirit shirts are allowed (no hand-made spirit shirts are allowed)
• All clothes MUST fit and be sized appropriately; neither too tight or revealing or too loose or sagging.
• No blue jeans
• No hoods of any kind
• No Sweat pants or athletic shorts
• No leggings or jeggings
Building principals will designate a number of days throughout the year as Spirit Days with blue jeans but jeans will need to fit properly, be worn at the hips and be in good repair.
|5/24||EHS Band Concert|
|5/27||Memorial Day-No School|
|5/28||EHS Choir Concert|
|5/29||EHS A Cappella Choir Robing Concert|
|5/30||Crestwood Vocal Music Program|
Elyria City Schools
|District Announcements| District Calendar | Staff Directory | Job Postings | District Schools | Community | Alumni | Employees | Home|