Elyria High: “I's A Great Day To Be A Pioneer!
August 8, 2016
Dress Code (Grades 6 through 12)
• Clean, neat round or V-neck collars. T-shirts are allowed if the t-shirts are non-offensive and do not interfere with creating a positive culture in the school.
• Docker-like pants or dress pants. Colored jean material permitted but no traditional blue jeans (pants must be worn on the hips and if they have belt loops, belts must be worn)
• Shorts, skirts or dresses finger-tip length or longer (as an example: no pencil skirts)
• Official Elyria Schools-sanctioned spirit shirts are allowed (no hand-made spirit shirts are allowed)
• All clothes MUST fit and be sized appropriately; neither too tight or revealing or too loose or sagging.
• No blue jeans
• No hoods of any kind (Temporarily suspended for the remainder of the 2014-2015 school year).
• No Sweat pants or athletic shorts
• No leggings or jeggings
Building principals will designate a number of days throughout the year as Spirit Days with blue jeans but jeans must fit properly, be worn at the hips and be in good repair.
Tim Brown was born in Elyria and started his formal education at Prospect Elementary School. Although Tim and his family moved when he was in second grade, he returned to Elyria Schools in 1997 to serve as the assistant principal at Northwood Junior High. Most recently, he has been an elementary principal at Erie and Windsor. He now serves as principal of Elyria High School. Tim graduated from The Ohio State University in 1989 with a Bachelors Degree in Marketing Education and earned his Masters Degree in Educational Administration from the University of Dayton in 1991. Prior to becoming an assistant high school principal, he taught for six years at a high school in the Dayton area. Earlier this year, he enjoyed assisting an Elyria high school student complete his Eagle Scout project, as 30 years ago, Tim himself earned an Eagle Scout award.