August 1, 2017Dear Elyria Pioneer Student/ Parent:It is my pleasure to welcome you to the 2017-2018 school year at Elyria High School. I hope you are as excited for the start of a new school year as I am. The building looks absolutely amazing, and I’m looking forward to the energy and enthusiasm you and the staff will bring our classrooms and hallways.Our freshmen and new student orientation will take place on Monday, August 28, 2016, from 8:00 AM to 12:30 PM. All incoming freshmen and new students to Elyria High School should report to the main gymnasium by 8:00 AM. The EHS Link Crew will conduct this orientation program within small organized groups. Our parents are invited to attend an informational meeting with counselors and administrators in the Performing Arts Center (PAC) from 8:00 AM to 8:45 AM.Every student is receiving this packet to ensure a successful start to the 2017-2018 school year at Elyria High School. I am asking you to review the packet materials with your parent to become familiar with the procedures at EHS. The packet contains general information and guidelines, as well as several important forms. A few areas have been highlighted for you on the reverse side.I look forward to seeing you on the first day of school, Tuesday, September 5th. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Don’t forget to check out our school website which is continually updated throughout the school year and currently provides electronic access to the student packet forms and information. Enjoy the last couple weeks of your summer break and remember to follow us on Twitter @ElyriaHigh.It’s a great day to be a PIONEER,
DRESS CODE REMINDER:
PLEASE NOTE CHANGE TO DRESS CODE: BLUE JEANS WILL BE ALLOWED PROVIDED THEY ARE IN GOOD REPAIR AND FIT PROPERLY.
- All students shall be required to dress and groom for school with attention and emphasis on cleanliness, decency, and safety.
- Clothing shall be appropriate to the school activity in which the student is engaged.
- Shorts, skirts, and dresses must be finger-tip length or longer.
- Foot wear must be worn at all times and should not pose a safety hazard. Footwear should be of a design in which damage to floors or furniture is unlikely.
- Clothing designed for outside wear should not be worn inside unless the building principal determines that conditions warrant otherwise.
- All pants must be size-appropriate and they must be worn at least waist high. Sagging pants pose a safety threat and they are not to be worn in school.
- Students are not to wear head gear to school. Head gear includes: 'do rags, wave caps, scarves, hats, or other apparel that covers the head or scalp. This restriction does not apply to students who, for religious, medical, or similar reason, must wear head gear. These students may wear head gear at the discretion of the building administrator.
- In reference to shirts, tops, and other similar attire, the building administrator has the right to determine whether or not an item of clothing is too revealing.
- When either dress or grooming is questionable, the school administrator or his or her representative shall make the final decision about its appropriateness.
Students in Grades 6 through 12
- Plain or patterned round, v-neck, or collared shirts. Graphic t-shirts are allowed if the t-shirts
are non-offensive and do not interfere with creating a positive culture in the school.
- Shorts, skirts, or dresses must be finger-tip length or longer. (No pencil skirts)
- Official Elyria Schools-sanctioned spirit shirts are allowed (no hand-made spirit shirts are allowed)
- All clothing MUST fit and be sized appropriately; neither too tight or revealing or too loose or sagging, and in good repair.
- No sweatpants, athletic shorts, or yoga pants
- Leggings, jeggings may be worn underneath long shirts or skirts, not as standalone pants
If you have any questions in regard to the dress code policy please see your building administrator or contact the Communications and Marketing Office at 440-284-8203.
SAFE SCHOOL HELPLINE (24 Hour Emergency Number)
1-800-418-6423 Extention: 359
Text: 66746, TIPS
Mr. Timothy BrownPrincipal440.284.8300Mr. Shane NewarkAssociate Principal440.284.8300Mr. Brett HeighbergerAssistant Principal440.284.8300Mrs. Julie OwcaAssistant Principal440.284.8300Ms. Elsa PaesaniAssistant Principal440.284.8300Mrs. Jodie JohnsonAssistant Principal440.284.8300Ms. Patti StitelerAdministrative Assistant440.284.5200