Gradual Start for In-Person and Virtual Students
The Elyria City School District will welcome students in kindergarten through 12th grade back to school with a gradual return September 8 through September 11.
Preschool will have a variation to their schedules the first week of school that will be detailed in a letter by preschool principals next week.
The first full day of school for all students is Monday, September 14.
K-12 students who are attending in-person and thorugh the Virtual Academy will come to their home school on an assigned day the week of Sept. 8-11, to pick up Chromebooks and materials.
The assigned day is based on students' last name.
All students on the in-person/virtual hybrid plan will attend on their assigned day in the morning.
- K-5 students will attend from 9:10-11:10 a.m.
- Students in grades 6-8 will attend from 7:30-10:30 a.m.
- Students in grades 9-12 will attend 9-11 am.
Virtual Academy students can pick up materials at their home school on their assigned day in the afternoon.
- Virtual students in grades K-5 may pick up materials between 1:30 and 2:30 p.m.
- Virtual students in grades 6-8 may pick up between 1 and 2 p.m.
- Virtual students in grades 9-12 may pick up between 12:30-1:30 pm in the EHS PAC parking lot.
Student assignments by last name are as follows:
- Last names of A-F will attend Tuesday, Sept. 8.
- Last names of G-Le will attend Wednesday, Sept. 9.
- Last names of Li-R will attend Thursday, Sept. 10.
- Last names of S-Z will attend Friday, Sept. 11.
All parents will receive letters from their principals the week of August 24, 2020, and emails from Amy Higgins, Communications Director, at email@example.com.
If you do not regularly receive district emails and would like to, please send your email address to at firstname.lastname@example.org.