Familiar Faces, New Roles in Leadership Moves at Elyria Schools
In September 2018, look for familiar faces in new leadership roles at Elyria Schools.
An administrative restructuring plan that will go before the Board of Education in May will fill vacancies at McKinley and Franklin Elementary Schools and promote long-standing employees to key leadership positions in the district.
“These moves will put the right people in the right places to prepare for new schools in the master plan of facilities,” Superintendent Tom Jama said. “We have many talented individuals in our district; educational leaders with proven expertise and commitment in providing the highest quality educational experience for Elyria’s students.”
Pending Board approval, administrative appointments for the 2018-2019 school year will include:
- Dana Cerrito: Principal, Crestwood Elementary School. Dana is currently the assistant principal of Eastern Heights Middle School.
- Jodie Johnson, Principal, Franklin Elementary School. Jodie is currently an assistant principal at Elyria High School.
- Stacey Gatten, Principal, McKinley Elementary School. Stacey is currently the assistant principal at Northwood Middle School.
- Vince Velazquez, Assistant Principal, Eastern Heights Middle School. Vince is currently the coordinator of Pioneer Academy at Elyria High School.
- Steve Grossman, Assistant Principal, Northwood Middle School. Steve is currently the principal of Crestwood Elementary School.
- Jim Wall, Coordinator, Pioneer Academy, Elyria High School. Jim is currently the district’s Business Services Director.
- Alex VanWormer, Maintenance Supervisor, Elyria Schools. Alex is currently the head custodian at Ely Elementary School.
The district also will welcome a new Human Resources Director, Jaime Barnier, replacing Gary Taylor who is retiring in July, 2018. Jaime joins Elyria Schools with substantial experience in all facets of human resource operations and leadership roles in the healthcare field. The Board will vote on Jaime’s appointment May 2, 2018, and pending board approval, she will begin June 1, 2018.
The May 2 board meeting will be held at Westwood Middle School, 42350 Adelbert St. in Elyria at 5:30p.m.